Seafood Ee-Fu Noodles
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Seafood Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe
If you love more sauce for your ee-fu noodles, add more chicken stock or water accordingly & season to taste.
- 150g local clams (lala, asari or manila)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 100 grams (2 bundles) dry ee-fu noodles (伊府面/Yi mein)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp + 1 tbsp cooking oil divided
- 8 tiger prawns (shrimps) peeled & deveined, tail-on
- 6 large scallops
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 100 grams hon shimeiji mushrooms ends trimmed
- 100 grams yellow chives (韭黃/gau wang) cut to 2 inch (5 cm) lengths
- 1 tbsp Chinese Shaoxing wine
(A) Sauce (combine in a small bowl)
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 3/4 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp light soy sauce
- 3 dashes white pepper powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Clean and de-grit the clams. Scrub the clams with a hard-bristle brush. Put clams in a bowl of water with 1 tsp sea salt. Let the clams soak in the salted water for 1-2 hours, allowing the sand and grit to be purged out. Discard the water and rinse the clams. Set aside.
- Pre-cook noodles. Bring a small pot of water to boil. Add ee-fu noodles and cook until the noodles are just separated (still firm and undercooked). Drain the noodles and run through tap water to cool. Coat noodles with sesame oil to prevent drying out. Set aside.
- Cook scallops & prawns. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in wok. Add scallops and stir-fry until just opaque, then add prawns. Stir-fry quickly until prawns are just cooked. Dish out the seafood and set aside on a plate.
- Cook mushrooms & chives. Add remaining oil to wok. Add garlic and stir-fry for a few seconds. Add mushrooms and stir-fry until just softened. Add yellow chives and drizzle Chinese wine at the sides of the wok. Stir fry for a minute.
- Make ee-fu noodles. Rinse the noodles under the tap to moisten them and add it to the wok. Pour sauce (A) over the noodles, stirring to coat the noodles evenly. Add clams and simmer the contents, with lid covered, for 2 minutes. Return the cooked scallops and prawns on top of the noodles and simmer for another minute. Discard any clams which remain closed after cooking. Garnish with spring onion/coriander and serve immediately.