Sausage Mushroom Pasta
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Sausage Mushroom Pasta Recipe
This is a balanced one-dish meal with angel hair, sausage, mushroom and spinach. It can be made in 20 minutes flat. You can double up or multiply the ingredients in this recipe accordingly to cook for 2 or more persons.
- 1 serving (50 to 75 grams) angel hair** see notes below
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 50g button mushroom caps cleaned & sliced thinly
- 1 beddar cheddar* or any favourite sausage (65g) sliced thinly; see notes
- 1 chilli padi or any local chillis sliced thinly; to taste
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt or tiny pinch of regular salt
- 3 tbsp chicken stock*** add more if needed; see notes
- 50g baby spinach
- a small knob (12g) of unsalted butter
- chilli flakes and black pepper
- Cook pasta. Bring a pot of water with 1 tsp salt added. Bring to a boil. Cook angel hair for 1 min 30 seconds. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Cook mushroom & sausage. Heat oil in pan & saute garlic until fragrant. Add sliced mushroom and cook until just softened. Add sausage, chilli and garlic salt. Stir fry briefly until aromatic.
- Make the pasta and serve. Add drained cooked pasta and chicken stock to the pan. Make sure the pasta is well combined with the rest of the ingredients. As a finishing touch, melt a knob of butter into the noodles. Add baby spinach and let it wilt in the heat. To serve, sprinkle chilli flakes and freshly cracked black pepper.
* Sausage. The cheese sausage I am using has a rich flavour. You can substitute with any favourite cooked sausage.
** Pasta. Angel hair is used as it is quick cooking. You can substitute with any favourite pasta noodles.
*** Chicken stock is used in this recipe for a richer taste. However, you can use the usual pasta cooking water instead.