Samsui Ginger Sauce
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Samsui Ginger Sauce Recipe
Cut the ingredients to uniform small chunks to ensure even blending.
- 50 grams peeled ginger for best results, use young ginger
- 4 peeled shallots
- 3 peeled garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp good-quality sesame oil
- 1 tbsp home-made chicken oil* (or substitute with peanut oil)
- 1 tbsp very rich chicken stock (steaming liquid)
- 1 tsp chicken seasoning powder optional; to taste
- 2 tsp sugar to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt
In a food processor, blend everything to a smooth paste but take care not to over-blend the ginger. Add more sugar if the ginger sauce tastes sharp. Season to taste with salt or chicken powder if needed. Keeps for about a week in the fridge.
Noob Cook Tip
Which ginger to use? You may use either young ginger (recommended) which is milder and lighter in colour, or old ginger which is spicier (hence need a bit more sugar to balance the sharpness) and makes a more yellowish sauce. You can also use a a mixture of both, according to preference and availability.