Salmon Umeboshi Pasta
Filed Under: Japanese Recipes Meals for One or Two Noodles One-Pan One-Pot Pasta Recipes Recipes Step-by-Step Recipes Under 30 Minutes
Salmon Umeboshi Pasta
This is a nutritious one-pan pasta that is colourful and filled with different textures and flavour.
I am using a 20-cm sauce pan. This is the ideal size if you wish to cook and serve the pasta dish directly in the pan.
Check out the ingredients and step-by-step photos on the previous page.
- 150g boneless salmon fillet cut to chunks
- 1/2 tbsp sake
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1og butter
- 600ml water
- 1 dashi soup pack
- 1 umeboshi tea stick (2 grams granules)
- 80g napa cabbage roughly cut
- 35g hon shimeji mushrooms ends trimmed
- 1 broccoli floret
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large shiitake mushroom cap
- 35g quick cooking (4-min) spaghetti (snap into two if it can’t fit in your pan)
- 1 pitted umeboshi
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions (scallions or spring onions)
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Prepare salmon. Arrange salmon pieces on a plate and rub sake and salt on the fish. Let the salmon marinate for 15 minutes in the fridge, then pat dry on paper towel before cooking.
- Fry prepared salmon in a non-stick pan with olive oil and butter. A splatter screen is highly recommended. Cook salmon on one side until lightly golden, then flip over and cook the salmon on the other side until cooked through (total pan frying time is about 5 to 8 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon fillets). When cooked, set aside on a plate and discard the salmon skin. Roughly shred the salmon to bite-sized chunks.
- Make pasta stock. In a fitting pan, add water and dashi soup pack. Simmer for 5 minutes then discard the soup pack.
- Cook the pasta. Add umeboshi tea granules, cabbage, mushrooms, broccoli, cherry tomatoes and spaghetti. After bringing to a boil, cover with lid and simmer for 4 minutes until the pasta is just cooked. Ladle out the excess pasta stock (if any), run the stock through a sift for a delicious dashi plum tea to serve at the side.
- Garnish the pasta with shredded salmon chunks, a pitted umeboshi, green onions and black pepper.
Pages: 1 2
The salmon is absolutely perfect pan seared! This is a fantastic meal.
What a nice and delicious meal! Love such one-dish meal.