Roast Pork Salad Packed Lunch
Roast Pork Salad Packed Lunch Recipe
The roast pork in this salad was bought from the Chinese roast meat deli stall as a short-cut. You can also make your own roast pork with this recipe, and use the leftovers for this salad.
The salad can be prepared the night before, and kept chilled in the fridge overnight, making it ideal for meal prep.
- 1 serving (100g or more) roast pork cubed; home-made or buy from Chinese deli stall
- 1 serving (80g) salad use romaine &/or assorted leaves; cut, rinsed & spun dry
- a dollop of sambal chilli optional; to dip roast pork
(A) Orange Vinegrette Salad Dressing
click here to make a bigger batch for meal prep
- 2 tbsp pure orange juice
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (evoo)
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar (or apple cider) to taste
- 5 drops lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey (or maple syrup) to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
(B) Salad Toppings
- small handful cherry tomatoes
- small handful roasted almonds or favourite nuts
- 1 serving (50g or more) cooked brown rice or any (complex) carb
- Make orange vinaigrette. Add ingredients (A) in a condiment container, cover and shake until combined. Season to taste.
- Make salad. In a big take-out salad bowl, place salad leaves at the base. Place a piece of food-grade parchment or wax paper on top of the salad. Place roast pork, and salad toppings on top of the wax paper, along with a dollop of sambal chilli on the roast pork (optional) and salad dressing at the side.
- When ready to eat, remove paper. Shake the dressing so that it is emulsified before pouring it over the salad. Toss and enjoy.