Filed Under: 30-Minute Recipes Meatless Recipes One-Dish Meals Pasta Recipes Popular Recipes Recipes Valentine's Recipes Western Recipes
Mushroom Spaghetti Recipe
This is a deliciously light-tasting & meatless mushroom pasta recipe you can whip up in 30 minutes.
- 2 servings of spaghetti or your favourite pasta about 140-160grams
- 200 grams fresh button or favourite mushrooms stalks discarded and caps sliced thinly
- 10 cloves garlic peeled and sliced thinly
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes (or substitute with finely chopped chilli padi)
- 20 grams butter cubed
- 20 grams Italian flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- sea salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water with 1 tbsp sea salt to a boil. Cook spaghetti until al dente (usually 2-3 minutes minus the recommended time). Drain and set aside the pasta, reserving a small cup of the pasta water.
- Heat saucepan with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add mushrooms, a pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir fry or saute until cooked, about 3 minutes. Set aside cooked mushrooms on a plate.
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in the same pan, add garlic and chilli padi/chilli flakes (if using). Saute the garlic until it starts to turn light golden brown.
- Turn off the stove. The garlic will continue cooking in the hot oil on its own for a few more seconds in the hot oil, until they turn a lovely golden brown. Melt cubed butter in the garlic & oil mixture.
- Add cooked pasta, chopped parsley, cooked mushrooms, sea salt and black pepper (to taste). Toss to coat all the ingredients evenly, adding some reserved pasta water to help the ingredients bind together.
Pages: 1 2
Love this recipie! easy to cook for a newbie like me.
for me i love my aglio olio wt more olive oil, chilli padi and garlic. So i really added more. Probably 4 chilli padi.
Thanks for this easy to follow yummy recipie! love ur stuff!
This is my favourite aglio olio recipe!
I’ve tried cooking it myself, with my friends and even shared the recipe with my mum. Of course, no one cooks it like mum does!
Thank you so much for this recipe; it has become a quick go-to recipe for lazy dinners in my house. :)
thank you! you have a yummy food blog :)
easy to follow.
Can I cook without adding the butter? My friend is a vegan.
yes, you can.