Mango Salsa Pasta
Filed Under: Fruits Meatless Recipes One-Dish Meals Pasta Recipes Recipes
Mango Salsa Pasta Recipe
Use sweet ripened mango to bring out the tropical sweetness of this mango salsa pasta. The pasta keeps well in the fridge overnight and can be served chilled or at room temperature. It is perfect for packed lunches and meal prep.
- 60g spiral or fusilli pasta
- 150g sweet mango flesh cubed
- 3 shallots diced
- zest and juice of half Thai Lime (or 1/2 tbsp lemon juice)
- 2 hot chilli# de-seeded and sliced thinly
- 8 cherry tomatoes diced
- 2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley or coriander
- 1/4 tsp salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
# use chilli padi (bird’s eye chilli), serrano pepper or jalapeno, depending on the availability in your area.
- Cook pasta. Bring a pot of water with 1 tsp salt added. When the water is boiling, add pasta and cook according to package instructions, taking off about 2 minutes for al dente. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Toss and serve. In a large bowl, add drained pasta and the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. This mango salsa pasta can be served at room temperature or chilled.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like the cheater way is quite common…coz I do it this way too! :P
Love this pasta salad – sounds so light and easy. And it’s got a citrus factor to it that makes me go weak.
WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! Mango salsa! I had a taste of this..no no not taste..a whole tub of this while in Portland from the Wholefoods supermarket. DROOL!!! Love it! love it! love it! Tangy! Sweet! Spicy! WHOOHOO! Time for me to run out and start making! Thanks for the recipe!
Woah! This salsa pasta looks so fresh and yummy.
I diced up my mango this way too. :)
I just bought a whole box of mangoes at Costco last week and wondered what to do with them. This recipe looks perfect!
Looks refreshing! You have to love the mango trick :)
I love costco too! It’s been a while…
Thank you for the kind comments :)
I cheat, too – all the time. :wink: Who could bear wasting even one inch of a perfect mango? This is such a pretty dish, and that’s a great opening shot!
Pingback: Grilled Miso Salmon | NoobCook.com
Thanks for playing Presto Pasta Nights. This dish skips spring and jumps right into summer! Thanks, I need a dose of that.