Kimchi & Green Bean Omelette
Kimchi & Green Bean Omelette Recipe
It is recommended to use a large non-stick pan (26 to 28 cm) for more space to cook the omelette.
- 10 French beans or 5 long beans
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2-3 tbsp bite-sized cut kimchi
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions to garnish
(A) Egg Mixture
- 3 eggs
- a dash of white pepper powder
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1/8 tsp dashi powder (or substitute with a tiny pinch of salt)
You also need:
- a large non-stick pan (about 26 cm)
- Prepare green beans. Trim both ends of the beans and sliced them very thinly.
- Prepare egg mixture by whisking (A) in a bowl or measuring cup.
- Fry sliced beans. Heat oil in large pan, fry minced garlic briskly until fragrant, then add the sliced green beans. When the beans are almost cooked, use your spatula to arrange them into one flat layer in the pan.
- Add cut kimchi to the empty spaces in the pan.
- Pour egg mixture over the contents. Tilt the pan at various angles so that the uncooked egg can flow to the sides of the pan and cook more evenly. When there is almost no more uncooked egg on the surface, cut the omelette to smaller pieces with your spatula. Cut the omelette to fritters with your spatula and turn over the pieces to finish up cooking on the other side.
- To serve, garnish with chopped spring onions. This homely dish is great with both porridge and rice.