Ham & Cheese Egg Sandwich
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Simple Ham & Cheese Sandwich Recipe
This ham & cheese egg sandwich lunch box takes 20 minutes to make, keeps well for a few hours and is pretty to look at!
- 4 slices cooked deli ham
- 10g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices bread spread one side of each slice with butter
- 2 slices bread spread one side of each slice with mayonnaise
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves OR 2 heaped spoons braised coleslaw salad
You also need:
- food-grade cling wrap, wax paper or parchment paper
- Pan fry ham slices. Grease non-stick pan with a few drops of oil, and pan fry ham slices slices on both sides until warmed through and/or lightly browned. Side aside.
- Make scrambled eggs. Don’t wash the pan. Grease the pan with 1/2 tsp oil, Add butter and eggs into the pan. Turn on the heat to medium and whisk the eggs in the pan. Scramble the eggs until just set but still moist, taking them off the heat now and then to avoid overcooking the eggs.
- Assemble each sandwich in this order: 1 slice of butter-spread bread, 1 slice of ham, 1 lettuce leaf (or 1 spoon cooked coleslaw salad), half the scrambled eggs, 1 slice of ham, 1 sliced cheese and lastly 1 slice of mayo-spread bread.
- Wrap each sandwich tightly with cling wrap (or wax/baking paper secured with tape).
- For lunch box display, cut each sandwich in half. Fold to display the filling side up and place in a fitting lunch box. If there is small space within the lunch box, you can put small fruits such as cherry tomato or grapes.
- Small variation. I used leftover braised red wine vinegar coleslaw on one of the sandwiches, adding a slight tang and splash of pretty purple to the sandwich.
- For healthier choice, I use wholemeal bread and half-calorie mayonnaise.