Green Onion Shrimp Toast
Green Onion Shrimp Toast Recipe
In this recipe, I am using Japanese spring (green) onions (konegi/小葱). They are smaller than the regular Japanese negi, and slightly larger than our local spring onions. You can substitute it with any types of green onions, or even use chives. You can also grow them in water – this recipe is made using regrown green onions from the supermarket.
Check out the ingredients and step-by-step photos on the previous page.
- 10g Japanese spring (green) onion (konegi) use the green portion
- 40g shredded cheese
- 15g butter
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mirin & 1 tsp honey (or 1 tbsp Korean oligodang syrup)
- 2 tbsp corn kibbles
- 3 cooked shrimps (prawns)
- a dash white pepper powder
- 1 slice thick bread
- Prepare toast filling. Snip the green onion thinly into a bowl using kitchen scissors. Add cheese, butter, mayonnaise, mirin, honey, cooked shrimps and pepper. Mix well.
- Prepare the toast. Make a well in the bread using the back of a spoon or a small spatula. Fill the bread with the prepared toast filling.
- Bake the toast in an air fryer at 180°C/356°F (preheating not needed) for 4 minutes or toaster oven for 5 mins, or put in the broiler, until the cheese is melted. Enjoy!