Golden Kiwi Overnight Oats
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Golden Kiwi Overnight Oats Recipe
The basic plain oats keeps well in a covered glass jug in the fridge for up to a week, making it ideal for meal prep. Just add a small splash of milk and stir to loosen up the oats before serving.
The same recipe can be used for regular green kiwi. You can also top the oats with some crunchy nuts.
- 1 golden kiwi diced
(A) Basic Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup (50g) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (65g) Greek or plain yoghurt
- 3/4 cup (100ml) unsweetened milk (any variety e.g. soy, cow’s)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
(B) Golden Kiwi Puree
Sweetener for the oats, so adjust the sweetness according to preference. For best results, use over-ripe kiwi for more natural sweetness.
- 1 ripe golden kiwi flesh cubed
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup to taste
- 1 tbsp milk
- Make basic overnight oats. In a glass jug, combine (A), stir to mix well or cover with lid and shake vigorously. Chill in the fridge over night (or at least 6 hours) and keeps up to a week.
- Make golden kiwi puree. Add (B) in a a blender. Pulse for a few seconds until smooth. Add more honey or syrup if needed. Alternatively, without a blender, mash kiwi using a potato masher.
- To serve, top the oats with the kiwi puree, followed by diced kiwi. Before eating, mix the oats thoroughly with a spoon so that the puree will sweeten the oats. Enjoy your healthy & pretty golden kiwi oats breakfast.