Fermented Bean Curd Chicken Wings
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Fermented Bean Curd Chicken Wings Recipe
For best results, marinade the chicken wings over night in the fridge (either in a zealed ziplock bag or covered bowl) for the chicken to fully absorb the marinade.
- 400 grams drumettes and/or mid-joint chicken
- 2 tbsp corn flour (corn starch)
- vegetable oil (for deep frying; enough to submerge the chicken
- In a bowl, combine the marinade ingredients (A) until a paste is formed. Marinade the chicken with the sauce for at least an hour or overnight in the fridge.
- Just before deep-frying, add corn flour to the marinade chicken. Stir to coat evenly, until the flour is dissolved completely into the marinade and forms a sticky coat on the chicken.
- Heat oil in a wok or pot to about 180°C (356°F). Deep fry in batches for about 5 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown, turning once half way. During the last minute of deep-frying, turn the heat up slightly to allow the chicken to crisp well. Drain excess oil on paper towels before serving.