Easy Sausage & Baked Beans
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Easy Sausage & Baked Beans Recipe
Use your favourite sausages for this recipe. I use a mix of Beddar Cheddar (pork sausages with cheese) and Japanese Arabiki sausages – both my family’s favourites.
- 1/2 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil divided
- 250g sausages (any favourites)
- 10g unsalted butter
- 1/2 onion roughly cut
- half can (200g) baked beans in tomato sauce undrained
- half can (200g) diced tomato undrained
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp mustard optional
- 3 cloves minced garlic (or 1 tsp garlic paste)
- 2 finger-length chillis optional;for mild heat
- 50ml water add more if needed
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- dried parsley flakes
- fresh basil leaves
- Brown sausages. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a large pan and brown sausages all over. Take out and aside on a plate.
- Cook onions. Add remaining oil and butter. Add onions and cook on low heat until softened.
- Make the sauce. Add baked beans, diced tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, garlic, chilli and water. Mix well.
- Simmer. Return the browned sausages to the pan. Simmer, covered, until sauce is reduced & thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish and serve. Take the skillet off the heat. Season with black pepper and garnish with parsley & basil. Serve with toast or brown rice.
Tweak the seasonings to suit your taste – a small bit of cayenne pepper or paprika for heat, more or less ketchup to tweak the sweetness. You can also add a sprinkle of your favourite dried herbs (all-purpose seasoning or Italian seasoning is great) before simmering.