Crispy Garlic Oil
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Crispy Garlic Oil Recipe
Crispy fried garlic make a delicious topping while garlic oil can be used in stir-fries, or as a seasoning oil, to enhance the flavour of other dishes.
You may also cut the garlic to uniform thin slices instead of finely chopped. Do look out for the colour of the garlic instead of following the timing in the recipe strictly.
- 2 bulbs (about 20 cloves) garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup olive oil
You also need
- small wokpan or pot
- heat-proof spatula and bowl
- Heat olive oil in a wokpan or pot on medium. The oil is hot enough when tiny bubbles gather, and a small piece of chopped garlic added to the oil starts to sizzle gently right away.
- Add the rest of the chopped garlic, stirring now and then with a spatula so that the garlic cooks evenly. Once the garlic starts to change colour, take the wok off the heat and stir the garlic with a spatula until they turn light golden brown.
- Transfer the contents of the wok in a small bowl. The garlic will continue to cook for a little longer in the bowl of hot oil until it turns a lovely golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
Usage & Storage
- Crispy Garlic Condiment When the oil has cooled, separate the crispy garlic from the garlic-infused oil using a strainer. Keep the crispy garlic in a small container with a thin layer of garlic oil covering it and refrigerate. To use, spoon what you need and the oil thaws quickly at room temperature or on the stove. The crispy garlic can be used as a topping or condiment and in salads.
- Garlic-Infused Oil Keep the garlic oil in a glass bottle at room temperature. It is great for stir-fries, salad dressing & as a seasoning oil.