Creamy Uni Pasta
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Creamy Uni Pasta Recipe
Even without fresh uni sashimi and ikura, you can make this pasta and eat it on its own. You can also top the pasta with other ingredients such as shrimp & broccoli.
- 1 serving (50-90g) pasta (angel hair)
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh uni (sea urchin) optional
- 1 tbsp ikura (salmon roe) optional
- 1 leaf shiso finely shredded (or spring onion/basil)
- freshly cracked black pepper
(A) Creamy Uni Sauce
- 50 ml cream (lightly thickened preferred)
- 50 ml milk
- 1 tbsp uni (Sea Urchin) sauce to taste; add more for richer taste
- pinch of salt to taste
- Cook pasta. Bring a pot of water with 1/2 tbsp salt added to a boil. Cook until al dente, about 1 minute 30 seconds for angel hair.
- Make creamy uni sauce. Meanwhile, add ingredients (A) to a small pan. Warm it up on medium heat and stir to mix well.
- Add cooked pasta to the pan of uni sauce. Coat the pasta evenly in the uni sauce.
- Transfer pasta to serving plate. Garnish with fresh uni, ikura salmon roe and shiso and black pepper. Serve immediately.
- The recipe that came with my bottle of uni sauce indicated 90g pasta. As I am a small eater, I used 50g pasta and I preferred it this way, as there is a lot more sauce in the plate. If you used 90g pasta, you may want to make a bit more sauce if you like.
- The pasta soaked up the creamy sauce really quickly, so cook, serve and eat this immediately.
- I’m using the combination of lightly thickened cream with full cream milk. You can use any type of cream & milk available to you – adjust the consistency by adding more milk as needed.