Korean Seasoned Broccoli Banchan
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Korean Seasoned Broccoli Banchan Recipe
If you want the broccoli stems to be more palpable (less woody), you can shave (using a peeler) or slice and discard the outer skin on the stalk.
- 200 grams broccoli or broccolini woody ends trimmed, cut into bite-sized pieces, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic grated or minced (or use 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt to taste
- Blanch broccoli in a pot of boiling water (with 1 tsp of salt added) for 1 & 1/2 minute.
- Immediately plunge the broccoli in a bowl of ice water for 3 minutes.
- Drain the broccoli and add them to a large bowl along with the rest of the ingredients. Toss to mix well. Serve at room temperature or chilled.