Beef & Veggies Meal Prep
Beef & Veggies Meal Prep Recipe
This Chinese stir-fried sliced beef & veggies (broccoli, carrot, baby corn & capsicum) is budget-friendly and suitable for meal prep, keeping well in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 300g beef rump* sliced thinly & diagonally against the grain; see notes
- 1/2 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp cooking oil divided
- 5 slices ginger julienned
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 level tbsp mushroom seasoning powder** see notes
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 100 ml water
- 2 tbsp Chinese wine (Hua Tiao/Shaoxing)
- 1/s tbsp sesame oil as a finishing touch
- chopped coriander to garnish; optional
- toasted sesame seeds to garnish; optional
With broccoli as the base, you can substitute the other vegetables or add on more to the list.
- 300g broccoli florets
- 5 baby corn cut to short sections
- 1 small carrot sliced thinly
- 1 bell pepper (capsicum) sliced to long strips
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 4 dashes white pepper powder
- 2 tbsp Chinese wine
- 4 servings of cooked rice (50g or more depending on individual calorie intake preference)
- 4 meal prep containers (food-grade, microwavable)
Stir-fry Beef & Veggies:
- Marinade beef with (A) for at least 15 minutes & up to overnight in the fridge.
- Cook the beef. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in wok, add beef and cook until just opaque. Set aside on a plate.
- Cook the veggies. Add remaining oil to wok. Stir-fry ginger & garlic briefly until aromatic. Add broccoli, corn, carrots, mushroom seasoning powder and oyster sauce. Stir fry briskly until the veggies are starting to soften, then add water and cover with lid for the veggies to steam for 2 minutes.
- Finish up by adding bell peppers and returning the cooked beef back to the wok. Drizzle the Chinese wine along the walls of the wok. Stir fry briskly for 10 more seconds. Drizzle sesame oil over the contents.
Divide cooked beef & veggies to four meal prep containers, along with one serving of cooked rice in each container. Garnish the beef & veggies with coriander & sesame seeds. Keep food containers covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Microwave at 850W for a minute to warm up before eating. Optional: Pick out the beef pieces and place them on top of the rice & veggies to minimize overcooking the beef.
* You can use rump (what I used, budget cut), flank (another budget cut), ribeye, sirloin & tenderloin (more expensive cuts) to suit your budget and availability.
** I use mushroom powder as a delicious MSG-free seasoning for stir-fries. You can substitute it with other seasonings such as salt, soy sauce and/or fish sauce.
A well balanced and delicious lunch box!
I like your 便当（and the 便当盒），看了肚子饿 :p