15-minute Avocado Pasta Recipe
This is a truly easy, healthy and vegan recipe; perfect for using up the odd leftover avocado.
- 1 ripe avocado pitted and peeled
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove peeled and sliced
- 2 servings of pasta (I am using 140 grams of linguine)
- 1 tbsp chopped pasley optional
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Make avocado “sauce”. In a blender or food processor, process the avocado flesh, olive oil, garlic and a small pinch of salt until smooth and creamy.
- Cook pasta in salted, boiling water according to the instructions indicated on packaging, until al dente. Drain pasta. Reserve half a cup of pasta cooking water.
- Toss avocado sauce with cooked pasta, chopped parsley and about 2 tbsp pasta cooking water to bind everything together. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Recipe adapted from Oh She Glows.
Pages: 1 2
This is great…I can’t wait to try this as I love y aguacates!
great idea..use chicken stock for pasta water and have seasoning so it’s not to bland.
Today is just so hot. I feel hungry and feel like eating pasta. Went through your recipe list and found this avocado pasta, i’m a fan of avocado and I happen to have a ripe one I the fridge.
I don’t have food processor so I used my old reliable mortar n pestle. So my sauce is a little lumpy but I do like it. I add some tuna flakes and it is simply fantastic.
Just wanna leave a comment to thank you for this wonderful recipe!! I added some prawns though & my hubby totally adores it! Thank you :-)
May I knw where did u buy this bowl?. Hee.. very pretty
I got it from Page One (bookstore at vivo) closing sale a few years back.