Asparagus & Bacon Omelet-in-a-Hole
Asparagus & Bacon Omelet-in-a-Hole Recipe
In this recipe, the measurements specified is for one omelet toast. If you are making more, just add up the ingredients accordingly. For example, if making 3 omelet toasts, triple the amount used for the bread filling by frying them together. Use 3 bread and 3 eggs.
- 1 slice sandwich bread use thick sliced bread for a more filling result
- butter spread
- small piece (5 grams) of butter
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp grated Parmesan powder optional
- fresh or dried parsley garnish
- freshly cracked black pepper
Filling (For each bread):
- 1 thick asparagus spear prepped and cut into short sections
- 1 cherry tomato cut into 3
- half piece bacon (about 15g) cut into short strips
- Prepare the bread. Using a knife, cut out an inner piece of bread as close to the bread core as possible. Spread butter on one side of the outer core of the bread. Set aside both inner and outer bread pieces.
- Prepare egg mixture. In a small bowl, whisk egg and season with a tiny dash of salt & pepper and Parmesan cheese powder (optional).
- Cook asparagus & bacon. Heat 1/2 tsp in the pan. Fry asparagus and bacon until cooked. Set aside on a plate.
- Make “omelet-in-a-hole”. Clean out the pan with paper towel if needed. Add outer core of the bread to the pan, buttered side down. Melt butter in the bread hole. Then arrange the asparagus, bacon and cherry tomatoes one layer in the hole. Pour egg mixture into the hole. When the egg starts to cook, put back the inner bread and press down with the back of a spatula for about 30 seconds to seal the pouch. Cover the pan with a lid to cook the egg for about a minute in low heat.
- Finish up & serve. When the egg is fully cooked, flip the sandwich over. Garnish with parsley and black pepper powder. Serve with a small side salad and breakfast smoothie.