Army Stew Ramyeon
Filed Under: Instant Noodles Izakaya At Home Korean Recipes Meals for One or Two Recipes Step-by-Step Recipes Under 30 Minutes
Army Stew Ramyeon Recipe
In this recipe, a soup base was used to reduce the amount of ramyeon seasoning powder for a healthier version. You can omit the soup base if you want – use 500ml plain water and use more ramyeon seasoning powder.
You can stir in a beaten egg at step 2 if you like.
To cook and serve this directly in the pot, use a shallow casserole (I am using a 800ml Korean noodle pot) to make this dish.
Check out the ingredients and step-by-step photos on the previous page.
- 50g napa cabbage cut to bite sized pieces
- 1/4 onion cut to wedges
- 3 slices carrot
- 1/4 piece eomuk (Korean fish cake) cut to smaller pieces
- 3 slices duk guk (flat oval rice cake) rice cake
- 500ml soup stock (anchovy, chicken or dashi) see cooking note below
- 1 tbsp gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
- ramyeon seasoning powder to taste; no need to use all and can omit
- ramyeon noodle break into half for smaller eaters
- 2 hot dog or sausage sliced to shorter sections
- 3 slices spam (luncheon meat)
- 50g kimchi
- 2 tbsp baked beans
- cut chillis (red/green)
- 1 sliced cheese cut to smaller squares
- a small handful garlic chives cut to 5-cm (2-inch) sections
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a soup pot. Bring to a boil for about 5 minutes. Dissolve gochujang in the hot soup, then season it to taste with some ramyeon seasoning powder.
- Add ramyeon noodles, hot dog, spam, kimchi, baked beans, chilli and sliced cheese. When the noodles are cooked, add chives and serve immediately.
- For the soup stock, you can use a anchovy or dashi soup pouch like I did in this recipe (see the step-by-step photos). You can also use soup stock cubes, rich chicken stock (tetra-pan type), chicken consommé powder or dashi powder.
- Use any favourite brand of Korean instant ramyeon (ramen) for this recipe.
Pages: 1 2
I know very little about korean food and seldom have them too. But this one looks so delicious and appetizing that I want to try too.
料多多 – the best!