Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Tomato Eggs Recipe
If you run out of fresh tomatoes, you can use 200 grams canned tomatoes as a short-cut for this recipe.
- 2 large fresh tomatoes cut each tomato to 12 pieces
- 1 tsp + tbsp cooking oil
- 3 eggs beaten with 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion & a few coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1/3 cup water or any clear soup stock
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato ketchup to taste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar to taste
- Grease saucepan with 1 tsp oil (or use cooking spray). Heat the pan and add beaten egg. Swirl the pan so that the egg covers the whole surface, then quickly scramble the egg with spatula and cook them into large chunks until just set. Set aside on a plate.
- Clean the pan. Add the remaining oil to the pan. Add cut tomatoes and cook them for about 3 minutes, or until softened. Add (A). Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce is reduced by half and of a thicker consistency. You can add a bit more water if the sauce is too dry.
- Turn off the stove. While the pan is still hot, stir in the eggs until evenly coated in the sauce. Garnish with spring onion and/or coriander.