Thai Basil Pork
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Thai Basil Pork Recipe
Serve this as a side-dish, or a one-dish meal with steamed rice, fried egg and cucumbers.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/4 onion sliced thinly
- 120 grams minced pork (chicken or beef)
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 chilli padi to taste; sliced to small wedges
- 2 long bean sliced to 1.5 cm
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup loosely packed Thai holy basil leaves
- cornstarch solution dissolve 1 tsp corn starch mix in 2 tbsp water
- 3/4 tbsp Thai fish sauce to taste
- 1/4 tsp dark soy sauce
- 100 ml water
To serve as a one-dish meal
- Thai-style fried egg
- cucumber slices
- steamed rice
- sliced chili padi
- Heat oil in wok. Stir fry onions, garlic and chilli briefly until aromatic.
- Add minced pork. Stir fry pork until half cooked on surface, while constantly breaking the meat to smaller bits with a spatula. Add long beans and stir fry until pork is totally cooked on surface.
- Add sauce (A) and sugar. Let the sauce bubble briefly, then thicken with cornstarch solution.
- Add basil and turn off the stove. Stir through while the sauce is bubbly hot, until the basil is just withered.
- To serve as a one-dish meal, serve with a fried egg, sliced cucumbers, steamed rice and chilli padi.