Summer Pineapple Salsa
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Summer Pineapple Salsa Recipe
Use sweet ripened pineapple to make this pineapple salsa.
The pineapple salsa can be served as a snack with tortilla chips, as a grain bowl topping or as a side-dish to any main course, especially fish or chicken.
- 250g sweet pineapple flesh cubed
- 8 cherry tomatoes diced
- 1-2 hot chillis# deseeded and finely chopped; to taste
- 4 shallots finely chopped
- juice from 2 small limes or 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander may substitute with parsley
- small pinch of salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
# use chilli padi (bird’s eye chilli), japapeno or serrano pepper, according to the availability in your area.
Toss everything in a bowl. For best results, allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes for the flavours to combine.
Adapted from Teczcape: Summer Pineapple Salsa