Stir-fry Pork & Veggies in XO Sauce
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Stir-fry Pork & Veggies in XO Sauce Recipe
This is actually a recipe created from leftovers; so feel free to use only one type of pork (150g of sliced or minced) and substitute with any available vegetables in your pantry.
- 75g mince pork
- 75g sliced pork
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 5 thinly sliced ginger
- 1 red chilli cut thinly
- 1 heaped tbsp XO sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water add more water, 1 tbsp at a time if needed
- 1 tbsp Chinese wine (Hua Tiao/Shaoxing)
- small condiment saucer of XO sauce to serve; optional
Check out some of the vegetable photos in the 7-type vegetables recipe.
- 2 baby corn sliced to short diagonal sections
- 2 stalks Japanese scallion aka “negi” ends trimmed, sliced to short diagonal sections
- 1 stalk Chinese leek 蒜 ends trimmed, sliced to short diagonal sections
- 1 stalk spring onion cut to short sections; separate bottom white from top green portion
- 1 stalk Chinese spinach aka “puay leng” cut to uniform short sections
- 1/2 tbsp tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese wine (Hua Tiao/Shaoxing)
- 7 drops Maggi seasoning sauce optional; see cooking note below
- 5 dashes white pepper powder
- Marinade minced & sliced pork in (A) for at least 20 minutes and up to overnight in the fridge.
- Cook the pork. Heat oil in a wokpan. Add garlic and ginger briskly until aromatic, then add the marinated pork. Stir-fry until the meat is 70% cooked.
- Cook ‘harder’ vegetables first. Ad baby corn, Japanese scallion, leek & spring onion (white bottom part). Stir-fry until the vegetables start to soften.
- Finish up the dish. Add XO sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce and water. Drizzle Chinese wine along the sides of the wok. When the contents are cooked, add the remaining Chinese spinach and spring onion (green portion). When the spinach stems are cooked, turn off the stove and dish out to a serving plate with a side condiment saucer of XO sauce.
Substitute with any brand of MSG-free seasoning sauce. You can also omit it and use a bit more soy sauce, or fish sauce, or a pinch of salt.