Stir-fried Asparagus with Scallop
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Stir-fried Asparagus with Scallop Recipe
You may substitute thick asparagus used in this recipe with 200 grams of thin asparagus. It is not needed to blanch thin asparagus prior to stir-frying.
- 6 (200 grams) thick asparagus spears
- 6 medium fresh scallops thawed & patted dry on paper towels
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 dried chilli soaked in hot water until softened, de-seeded & sliced thinly
- 2 slices ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese wine
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 dashes white pepper powder
- Prep asparagus by trimming and discarding the lower ends of each spear. Using a vegetable peeler, shave and discard the outer skin of the stalk. Read this detailed tutorial for more information. Slice prepped asparagus diagonally to 1 cm section.
- Blanch asparagus spears in a boiling pot of water for 1 minute. Drain and set aside. Combine (A) in a small bowl, set aside.
- Heat oil in wok. Stir fry garlic, ginger and dried chilli for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add scallops, cook until opaque, then add the blanched asparagus and (A). Stir-fry briskly until everything is cooked and well mixed.