Spicy Lemon Prawns
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Chinese-style Lemon Prawns Recipe
Cooking the prawns with their shells on retain its size and juices after cooking. But you can also use peeled prawns if preferred.
Prawns cook very quickly – do not overcook as they may turn hard and chewy otherwise.
- 250 g or 10 medium tiger prawns (shrimps) trimmed of sharp edges and de-veined with shells on
- 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 chilli padi (bird’s eye chilli) de-seeded & sliced thinly; to taste
- zest of half lemon optional
- lemon slices to serve
- chopped spring onions to serve
(A) Spicy lemon sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar
- Fry the aromatics. Heat oil in a wokpan. Add garlic and chilli. Briefly saute until aromatic, less than one minute.
- Cook prawns. Add prepared prawns into the pan. Stir-fry briefly until almost cooked, then add lemon zest and sauce (A). Stir fry quickly to coat the prawns in the sauce, then cover with lid and simmer for about 1 minute.
- Serve the prawns as it is (with shells on) or peeled. Garnish with chopped spring onions and lemon slices.