Smoked Duck Salad Grain Bowl
Filed Under: Complex Carbs Grain Bowls Low Carb Recipes One-Dish Meals Recipes
Smoked Duck Grain Bowl Recipe
If you don’t have time to cook the braised red cabbage at step 1, substitute with 5 slices of raw red cabbage, thinly shredded.
Read the previous page for ideas on how to prepare the ingredients the night before for fast serving.
- small piece (about 200g) smoked duck breast from the deli sliced thinly
- braised red cabbage with bacon (get the recipe here)
- 200g salad greens (such as romaine lettuce, baby spinach etc) washed and spun dry
- 3/4 cup shelled edamame#
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 2 servings (about 150 grams) cooked brown rice or any fave complex carb reduce or omit if eating low-carb
# Place frozen edamame pods in a bowl, pour boiling water over them and soak for 5 minutes. Drain water and remove edamame from the pods when they are cooled.
- 2 tbsp tahini sauce
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp clear or apple cider vinegar to taste
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- Make braised red cabbage with bacon. Follow this recipe to make a small pot of braised red cabbage with bacon. The recipes serves about 4 pax; so portion out the required servings for your grain bowls accordingly. Leftovers keep well in the fridge and can be reheated in the microwave.
- Make the tahini-soy dressing. Combine (A) in a bowl and whisk by hand or a latte whisk, until smooth and creamy. Season to taste. Divide dressing into 2 condiment saucers.
- Assemble the salad grain bowl. Divide salad leaves to two serving bowls. Top each bowl with braised red cabbage, edamame, cherry tomato and brown rice with tahini-soy dressing at the side.
Pages: 1 2