Simmered Bacon Wrapped Veggies
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Simmered Bacon Wrapped Veggies Recipe
There is sufficient simmering sauce to make up to 20 bacon wraps. Do make sure you use a fitting pan big enough to accommodate the number of wraps you are making (without overlapping).
For variety, I used enoki & pea shoots, but you can also make the wraps with only one of the veggie.
- 50g pea shoots separate to 5x10g bundle
- 50g enoki mushroom separate to 5x10g bundle
- 10 slices streaky bacon
- 1/2 tsp oil for greasing the pan
- chopped spring onions to garnish
- 100 ml water
- 1/8 tsp dashi powder
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp (15g) sugar
You also need:
- a fitting pan (about 24 cm) – use a bigger pan if making more wraps
- Make bacon wraps. Wrap each bundle of pea shoots or enoki mushrooms with a slice of streaky bacon, making 10 bacon wraps in total. Be sure that the bacon covers the entire stem of the pea shoot or enoki.
- Cook the dish. Grease a fitting frying pan with a oil. Place bacon wraps one layer in the pan without overlapping. Sear the surface of each bacon wrap until just cooked. Pour sauce (A) onto the pan, simmer covered until the sauce is half reduced and slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Optional bonus side dish. Cook any remaining pea shoots and enoki mushroom in the leftover simmering sauce for a few minutes. You can serve this as a side dish, or to line a lunch box compartment or serving plate.
- To serve, run the sauce through a sieve. Pour the sauce over the bacon wraps. Garnish with spring onions.