Sheet Pan Butternut Squash, Mushroom & Sausage
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Sheet Pan Butternut Squash, Mushroom & Sausage Recipe
This recipe uses butternut squash. If using other harder varieties of squash or pumpkin, just add a few more minutes of roasting time (& slice the mushrooms more thickly) accordingly.
To enjoy this as a meatless meal, omit the sausage and double up the mushrooms used.
This recipe fills a toaster tray (half the size of a normal oven baking tray) as it serves one (or two). To fill an oven tray, double up or multiply the ingredients accordingly.
- 100g butternut squash flesh (seeds & skin removed) sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp olive oil divided
- 1 tsp all-purpose seasoning (or any fave dried herbs such as Italian seasoning)
- 50g button mushroom wiped with damp cloth & sliced thinly
- garlic salt (or salt) to taste
- 7g unsalted butter cut to small pieces
- 1 cooked cheese sausage sliced thinly; see note below
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley (or 1/2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley)
- 1 tsp chopped spring onions optional
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Prepare & bake sheet pan (butternut squash & mushroom). Line sheet pan with baking paper or baking spray. In a bowl, coat butternut squash & mushroom with 1 tbsp olive oil and all-purpose seasoning. Arrange the butternut squash one layer in the sheet pan, followed by the button mushrooms. Lightly sprinkle garlic salt and scatter butter over the contents. Bake the sheet pan at preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) for 15 minutes until the contents are just cooked.
- Add sausage (optional). Coat sausage with remaining olive oil. Take out the sheet pan from the oven and scatter the sausage on top. Continue baking in the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the sausage is slightly browned at the edges.
- To serve, sprinkle garnishes (parsley and/or spring onions) and freshly cracked black pepper. Eat on its own as a light meal or with a salad base.
The cheese sausage I am using has a rich flavour. You can substitute with any favourite cooked sausage.