Shallot Sauce Minced Pork Rice Lunch Box
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Shallot Sauce Minced Pork Rice Lunch Box Recipe
You can prepare various dishes of this lunch box in advance (as part of meal prepping) to save time on the day of putting together the lunch box.
Taiwanese Shallot Sauce Minced Pork
Serves 4-6. Scoop required amount to fill lunch box, leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days for meal prep. If you have made this dish earlier, reheat the required amount of cooked pork in the microwave or stove and let it cool down completely before closing the lunch box.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 500g minced pork (or chicken) preferably with some fats on
- 100g thinly sliced shallot (or red onion)
- 3 tbsp Bull Head shallot sauce
(A) Sauce for Shallot Sauce Pork
- 200 ml water add more if needed
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- few dashes white pepper powder
- few drops Maggi seasoning when the dish is done optional
Korean Broccoli Banchan
Serves 2; you can make a few hours beforehand to keep in the fridge. Place the chilled broccoli banchan directly in the lunch box. It can be eaten cold or at room temperature (no reheating required).
- 150g broccoli florets
- a handful shredded carrot
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
(B) Seasoning for Korean Banchan
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp gochugaru (Korean chilli powder)
- few dashes garlic salt to taste
- white pepper powder to taste
For the Lunch Box
- 2 servings shallot sauce minced pork
- 2 servings cooked rice (pre-cooked)
- 2 whole boiled eggs (pre-cooked; click here for ramen egg recipe)
- Make shallot sauce meat. Heat oil in a wokpan. Brown the minced pork one layer in the pan, then stir-fry the meat, breaking the mince to smaller pieces with the spatula as you do so. Add shallots and stir fry briskly until they start to soften. Add shallot sauce and stir fry until the meat is evenly coated in the sauce. Add sauce (A). When the sauce starts to bubble, cover with lid and simmer for about 10 minutes. Click here for the detailed step-by-step photos of this shallot sauce pork recipe.
- Make broccoli banchan. Cook broccoli florets by boiling for 2 1/2 minutes or steaming for 3 minutes. Drain the broccoli and cool down under running water. Place the cooked broccoli, carrot, sesame seeds and spring onions together with seasonings (B). Mix well and season to taste.
- Assemble Lunch Box. In each lunch box (I’m using Ikea’s 365): add 1 serving rice, 1 egg, 1 serving (roughly two ladles) of shallot sauce minced pork and half of the broccoli banchan.
- Storing & Reheating Tips. This lunch box can keep at room temperature for half a day. For maximum freshness, keep the lunch box in the fridge or a cooler bag with an ice pack, and reheat the minced meat & rice in the microwave.