Scrambled Egg with Cheese and Hotdog
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Scrambled Egg with Cheese and Hotdog Recipe
This scrambled egg can be served with rice (Asian style), or on toast (western style for breakfast).
Take care not to over cook the egg, so that it will still be moist when served.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20 grams unsalted butter
- half onion roughly chopped
- 2 cheese hot dog (sausage) sliced thinly & uniformly
- 2 eggs
- 50 grams shredded mozerella cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions to serve; or chives
- 1/8 tsp salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Crack eggs into a small bowl. Beat eggs with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in pan. Add butter. When the butter melts, add onions and saute until they start to soften.
- Add sliced hot dog. Stir fry briefly for about a minute.
- Use your spatula to arrange the hot dog and onions one flat layer in pan and pour beaten egg over them. When the egg is semi-cooked, quickly scramble the eggs into chunks.
- Once the egg is set, turn off the stove. Stir and fold in the shredded cheese while the egg is still hot. Sprinkle scrambled egg with spring onions and serve immediately.