Scallion Oil Sauce
Scallion Oil Sauce Recipe
For best results, this scallion oil should be slightly over-salted for it to go well with the dishes you are topping it with.
- 60 ml peanut oil (or use healthier olive oil)
- 20 grams chopped scallions (bottom white portion)
- 20 grams grated ginger
- 20 grams chopped scallions (green portion)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/8 tsp sugar only if needed; to taste
- 1/8 tsp sea salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp chicken or mushroom seasoning powder to taste; if not using, add more salt to taste
Heat oil in wok on low heat, then add chopped scallions (white portion). Cook briefly until aromatic, without browning the scallion. Add sesame oil and grated ginger and sizzle for 30 seconds more. Take the pan off the heat and add remaining chopped scallions (green portion) immediately. Season to taste with sugar, salt and chicken/mushroom seasoning powder. Keeps covered in the fridge for 2 weeks. To use, let the sauce thaw at room temperature or in a hot water bath.