Sauteed Button Mushrooms
Filed Under: Meatless Recipes Mushrooms Recipes
Sauteed Button Mushrooms Recipe
You can use a mix of mushrooms (such as button with hon shimeji) or other mushrooms (such as shiitake) for this recipe.
Use red wine in place of white wine, if using as a steak topping.
- 20 grams unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp dried parsley (or any dried herbs)
- 150 grams button mushrooms sliced thinly*
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt or sea salt
- 1 tbsp dry white wine** optional
- freshly cracked black pepper
* clean the mushroom caps by wiping with a clean & damp kitchen towel
** such as “sauvignon blanc”
- Cook Aromatics. Heat butter and olive oil in a large pan. Add shallots, garlic & parsley; cook until shallots are translucent.
- Cook Mushrooms. Add button mushrooms and salt, stirring gently until the mushrooms are just wilted. Then spread them out in the pan, allowing one side to brown before tossing or stirring again. When the mushrooms are cooked & tender, add white wine. Cook a little longer until the liquids are mostly evaporated, season with black pepper and serve.
Pages: 1 2
So simple yet very delicious!
Agree! So versatile. I would like to top this over salads :) The sauce itself can be salad dressing, so no need to prepare salad dressing separately.