Margherita Focaccia Pizza
Filed Under: 15-minute Recipes 5 or Less Ingredients 5 or Less Ingredients Meals for One or Two Meatless Recipes Recipes Short Cuts Step-by-Step Recipes
15-minute Margherita Focaccia Pizza Recipe
In place of focaccia bread, you can use other substitutes such as frozen pizza base, pita bread, puff pastry and naan.
Check out the ingredients and step-by-step photos on the previous page.
- two personal-sized round focaccia bread (about 15 cm)
- 3 basil leaves thinly shredded
Per Pizza (Estimate):
- 1-2 tbsp pizza sauce see cooking note below
- 30g fresh Mozzarella cheese drained, patted dry & thinly sliced; see cooking note
- freshly cracked (pink) salt
- a small drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the ‘pizza’. Place focaccia breads on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spread the pizza sauce evenly on each bread using the back of a spoon, leaving a small gap around the edges. Top the bread with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake and serve. Bake in preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is lightly golden. Garnish with fresh basil, a small sprinkle of salt & a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Pizza sauce. In place of pizza sauce, you can use pasta sauce such as marinara sauce.
- Fresh mozzarella cheese. I used fresh mozzarella cheese submerged in water in the packet. If you use fresh mini mozzarella ball instead, just add the cheese balls directly on the pizza, evenly spaced out.
- Extra sprinkles. Even though this is not authentic, I personally like to add a few drops of tobasco sauce and some powdered Parmesan cheese to give this pizza a richer taste.
Pages: 1 2
I can’t remember when I last baked or had a pizza…this looks beyond delicious and so tempting for me now.
I typically use pita bread as pizza base. Just recently, ran out of pita bread and use hamburger buns to make 2 (the top and bottom of the bun, hahaha) small pizzas lor…lol