Margherita Focaccia Pizza
Filed Under: 15-minute Recipes 5 or Less Ingredients 5 or Less Ingredients Meals for One or Two Meatless Recipes Recipes Step-by-Step Recipes
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
15-minute Margherita Focaccia Pizza Recipe
In place of focaccia bread, you can use other substitutes such as frozen pizza base, pita bread, puff pastry and naan.
- two personal-sized round focaccia bread (about 15 cm)
- 3 basil leaves thinly shredded
Per Pizza (Estimate):
- 1-2 tbsp pizza sauce see cooking note below
- 30g fresh Mozzarella cheese drained, patted dry & thinly sliced; see cooking note
- freshly cracked (pink) salt
- a small drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the ‘pizza’. Place focaccia breads on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spread the pizza sauce evenly on each bread using the back of a spoon, leaving a small gap around the edges. Top the bread with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake and serve. Bake in preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is lightly golden. Garnish with fresh basil, a small sprinkle of salt & a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Pizza sauce. In place of pizza sauce, you can use pasta sauce such as marinara sauce.
- Fresh mozzarella cheese. I used fresh mozzarella cheese submerged in water in the packet. If you use fresh mini mozzarella ball instead, just add the cheese balls directly on the pizza, evenly spaced out.
- Extra sprinkles. Even though this is not authentic, I personally like to add a few drops of tobasco sauce and some powdered Parmesan cheese to give this pizza a richer taste.