Luffa Tomato Soup
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Luffa Tomato Soup Recipe
Instead of soup stock, you can also use plain water and season it to taste (salt, pepper/ soy sauce/ ikan bilis etc).
- half large luffa/angled gourd (250 to 300 grams before cut)
- 1 tomato cut to wedges
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 onion roughly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced thinly
- 250 ml chicken (vegetable) stock
- 3 slices ginger
- Prep luffa by removing the skin using a peeler, then slice into halve lengthwise. Remove and discard the seeds. Cut the luffa flesh to bite-sized chunks. View this post for more info.
- In a wok, heat cooking oil and sesame oil. Stir fry the garlic and onions until the latter is softened. Add tomato and luffa. Stir fry briefly to bring out the flavours.
- Add chicken stock and ginger. Bring to boil, cover with lid and simmer for about 5 minutes until the luffa is soft.
Adapted from Teczcape’s luffa tomato soup