Low Carb Tom Yum Shrimp Shirataki Noodles
Filed Under: Low Carb Recipes Meals for One or Two Noodles One-Dish Meals Recipes Shrimp (Prawn) Recipes Step-by-Step Recipes Thai Recipes
Tom Yum Shrimp Shirataki Noodles Recipe
Enjoy your favourite tom yum noodles without the guilt by using Japanese shirataki ‘miracle’ noodles instead of glass noodles.
Check out the step-by-step photos on the previous page.
- 1 packet(net weight 200g) shirataki noodles (aka Japanese yam/konjac noodles)
- 5 or more jumbo shrimps deveined; head & tails on
- 500ml water
- 5-10 cherry tomatoes
- 50g straw mushrooms (either canned or fresh)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce to taste
- a small squeeze of Thai lime juice to taste
- chopped coriander garnish; optional
(A) Tom Yum Soup Base
- 30g instant tom yum paste see cooking note below
- 3 shallots thinly sliced
- 1 lemon grass use only outer white portion; cut to short sections
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 dried chilli deseeded; optional
- 1 red chilli padi deseeded; optional
- Prepare shirataki noodles by draining the noodles from the pouch of water. Add drained noodles and some water in a pot. Boil for 2-3 minutes. Run the noodles in tap water to cool down and set aside.
- Make the dish. Add soup base ingredients (A), cherry tomatoes, straw mushrooms and water in a small pot. Bring to a boil and then add the shrimps. Once the shrimps are cooked, season the soup to taste with lime juice and fish sauce. Add the earlier prepared shirataki noodles to the pot. Garnish with coriander before serving.
- I’m using the Lobo brand of instant tom yum paste. You can use any favourite brand of instant tom yum and season to taste accordingly.
- Even though I am using a premade paste, I still added the aromatics at (A) for better taste and presentation. You can skip them if you wish to.
Pages: 1 2
I love Shirataki noodles too, spaghetti shaped one has the better texture. Tom yum flavour and tasteless shirataki are definitely a dream combination. I must give it a try too.
Hi thank you for the recipe. Please let me know where you bought the instant tom yum paste.
hi where can I buy the instant yom yum paste. Thank you.
Hi I got mine at either NTUC or Sheng Siong.
Hi can share where to buy the shirataki noodle? Thanks.0
Hi I got mine at Sheng Siong. They are also available at Japanese supermarkets, or the Japanese dried goods section of bigger supermarket outlets. You can also check out the supermarket sushi section (they usually have a small section selling ingredients).
Very good leh! The shirataki noodles look like 粗米粉. Plus the tom yum 非常开胃
I also agree that deprivation -diet does not work. Balanced and moderation is better.