Lotus Root Soup
Filed Under: Asian Recipes Chinese Recipes Chinese Soups Recipes Soups
Lotus Root Soup Recipe
In this recipe, the peanuts will be slightly crunchy, so if you prefer soft peanuts, simmer the soup for a bit longer.
- 2 sections (about 400g) lotus root wash to get rid of the soil
- 250g pork ribs
- 1.5 litres water
- 1 carrot peeled and cut to small chunks
- 6 dried scallops optional
- 1 dried cuttlefish optional
- 10 dried pitted red dates
- 100g de-shelled raw peanuts
- salt to taste
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the skin from the lotus root and cut to 1 cm slices.
- Blanch pork ribs in boiling water for about 5 minutes, rinse blanched pork pieces in water and set aside.
- In a pot, add water, lotus roots and the rest of the ingredients except salt. Simmer for 40 minutes, or until the pork is tender. For best results, keep warm in a thermal pot until ready to serve. Season with salt.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, can i cook this soup using rice cooker too? if can, the method will be the same?
First time trying out this and it turned out great! Crunchy peanuts! Yay~
Hi noobcook (but actually awesome cook),
Sorry for not addressing you by name because I’m don’t know your name. :)
I am kinda a fan and i often follow your recipes. I’m currently working in the US and making soup tmrw. I forgot to add peanut to the recipe after cooking the lotus root for two hours :(
Can I now add the peanut and cook for another hour? Will that work.
Hey sorry for my late reply! Aww I hoped you added the peanuts, I love them crunchy anyway, if not there is always a next time. And thanks for your kind words ><
Pingback: miss ene cooks: Ginger scallions pork | miss ene and the boy
Pingback: 麻辣香锅与莲藕汤 Lotus Root Soup | h2ovapour's Blog