Green Onion Toast
Filed Under: 15-minute Recipes Air Fryer Recipes Breakfast Meals for One or Two Meatless Recipes Recipes Step-by-Step Recipes
Green Onion Toast Recipe
In this recipe, I am using Japanese spring (green) onions (konegi/小葱). They are smaller than the regular Japanese negi, and slightly larger than our local spring onions. You can substitute it with any types of green onions, or even use chives.
Check out the ingredients and step-by-step photos on the previous page.
- 15g Japanese spring (green) onion (konegi) use the green portion
- 40g shredded cheese
- 15g butter
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mirin & 1 tsp honey (or 1 tbsp Korean oligodang syrup)
- a dash pepper powder
- 1 thick sliced bread
- Prepare toast filling. Snip the green onion thinly into a bowl using kitchen scissors. Add cheese, butter, mayonnaise, mirin, honey and pepper. Mix well.
- Prepare the toast. Make a well in the bread using the back of a spoon or a small spatula. Fill the bread with the prepared toast filling.
- Bake the toast in an air fryer at 180°C/356°F (preheating not needed) for 4 minutes or toaster oven for 5 mins, or put in the broiler, until the cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Source: Adapted from @haegreendal
Pages: 1 2
This is definitely a keeper! Simple, quick and so good.
Easy and yummy snack! I love thick toast too, and made pork floss + cheese toast many times :p
Gourmet taste at noob cook prep level! Toast looks like something from a swanky cafe rather than my airfryer. The taste of toasted onions along with the mayo mixture goodness is wonderful. Thank you for this recipe!