Chinese Oyster Soup
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Chinese Oyster Soup Recipe
Oysters cook quickly in boiling water. Overcooking will result in the oysters becoming shrunken and chewy.
- 500ml water
- 150-300g fresh or thawed frozen oysters meat rinsed and drained
- 5 thin ginger slices
- 1 tbsp rice wine (or sake)
- 3 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp white pepper powder to taste
- few drops sesame oil to garnish
- 2 slices ginger julienned (short thin strips) to garnish
- Make the oyster soup. Bring water in a pot to boil. Add oysters and ginger slices. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until the oysters are just cooked. Add rice wine and spring onions and turn off the stove. Season with salt and white pepper.
- To serve, ladle soup into serving bowl(s). Drizzle a few drops of sesame oil and garnish with julienned ginger.