Chicken & Mushroom Foil Packet
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Chicken & Creamy Mushroom Foil Packet Recipe
If you are not comfortable with aluminium foil, you can use parchment paper instead.
Check out the step-by-step photos and more tips on the previous page.
- 1 can (290g) cream of mushroom soup
- 100ml water
- 4 tbsp frozen veg (pea, carrot, corn)
- 160g cooked brown rice (or quinoa)
- 4 pieces boneless chicken breast about 200g each & 2.5 cm (1 in) thickness
- 1 bell pepper (red/yellow) cubed & divided to four portions
- 250g button mushrooms cleaned*, sliced thinly & divide to four portions
- 2 tbsp x 4 dry white wine e.g. sauvignon blanc (or low-sodium chicken stock)
- 20g x 4 unsalted butter cubed
- 1 tbsp x 4 extra virgin olive oil (evoo)
- garlic salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- freshly chopped parsley (or dried parsley flakes) to garnish
* clean mushrooms by wiping with a moist damp kitchen towel.
You Also Need:
- four sheets of food-grade aluminium foil measuring 30×30 cm
- Prepare creamy mushroom sauce. Add cream of mushroom soup and water in a bowl. Stir with a spatula to mix well. Divide into 4 portions.
- Make foil packets. Lay foil sheet on a flat work surface. Place 1 tbsp assorted veg and 40g cooked brown rice in the middle of the sheet. Place chicken breast on top of the rice. Drizzle 2 tbsp white wine over the chicken. Scatter one portion of bell peppers around the chicken. Top everything with one portion of button mushrooms, 20g cubed butter and 1 tbsp evoo. Drizzle one portion of mushroom sauce over the chicken. Season with garlic salt, to taste. Seal the packet by folding in the foil lengthwise over the chicken, followed by the remaining two sides. Repeat to make 3 more foil packets.
- Bake the foil packets. Place foil packets on a baking tray. Bake them at preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) at upper rack for 30 minutes.
- Serving suggestion. When opening the foil packet, be careful of hot steam coming out from it. Garnish with parsley and black pepper. Cut chicken breast to bite-sized chunks. Mix everything well in the sauce before eating.