Chicken in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Filed Under: 15-minute Recipes Low Carb Recipes Meals for One or Two Recipes Short Cuts Step-by-Step Recipes
Chicken in Creamy Mushroom Sauce Recipe
In this recipe, I used ready-to-eat cooked chicken as a short-cut. If you prefer to cook the chicken from scratch, you can either steam or pan-fry the chicken. This will add 10-15 minutes to the recipe total time.
- 2 pieces ready-to-eat cooked chicken breast
- bread (any type and amount) omit if eating low-carb
- freshly cracked black pepper
- fresh chopped parsley
Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g assorted cut mushrooms (I use button, maitake & hon shimeji)
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning (or any fave dried herbs, or 2 sprigs fresh thyme)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (or 2 cloves minced garlic)
- 60ml light thickened cream for thicker consistency, use thickened or heavy cream
- 30ml soy milk for thicker consistency, use full cream or regular cow milk
- 1/2 tbsp ramen paitan concentrate or soy sauce, chicken consomme powder &/or garlic salt
- 15g unsalted butter
- Make creamy mushroom sauce. Heat olive oil in pan, add mushrooms, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Fry until the mushrooms start to wilt. Add cream, soy milk and ramen paitan concentrate (or substitute seasonings). Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for a few minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked. Add butter as a finishing touch. Check out the detailed step-by-step photos here.
- Plate and serve. Add 1 piece cooked chicken breast to each serving plate. Divide and pour the creamy mushroom sauce evenly over the chicken. Garnish with parsley & black pepper. Serve with sliced bread to dip & soak up all the sauce.
Pages: 1 2
The mushroom sauce is the star here!
Give me pasta AND bread to wipe out all this creamy mushroomy goodness.