Cheater Chicken Noodle Soup
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Cheater Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
This is a cheater and fast method of using a whole roasted rotisserie chicken from the deli at the supermarket to make chicken noodle soup. This recipe uses the deli chicken’s bones (skip this if you’re busy) and chicken breast for shredded chicken. The thigh can used to serve with another (such as salad or soba).
Check out the step-by-step photos and tips on the previous page.
- 1 rotisserie whole roast chicken
- 100 grams pasta (egg pasta, macaroni or spaghetti)
- dried parsley and cracked black pepper to garnish
(A) Chicken Soup
- 800 ml MSG-free tetra-pak chicken stock with more to top up if needed
- 40 grams chopped celery
- 50 grams chopped yellow onion
- 50 grams cut carrot
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 3 whole old garlic cloves
- 3 slices ginger
You also need:
- Prep chicken. Using kitchen scissors, cut chicken to thighs, wings and breast. Separate chicken meat from the bone. Remove chicken skin from the chicken breast and shred the meat. Save the chicken thigh for another meal. Optional: Break up the carcass/bones to smaller chunks and put the bones in soup stock pouches.
- Simmer the chicken soup. In a large soup pot, add chicken bones soup pouches (if using) and (A). Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes (without soup pouch) or 15 minutes (with soup pouch). Add shredded chicken to the main pot of chicken soup in the last 3 minutes of cooking. Discard soup pouches. If you need more soup, top up with more chicken stock and/or water accordingly. Season to taste with salt if needed.
- Cook pasta and serve. Meanwhile, cook pasta separately in a pot of boiling water with 1 tsp salt. Drain and add the pasta to the chicken soup pot. Ladle to serving bowls and garnish with parsley and black pepper.