Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
10 Apr 2012: Recipe updated with air fryer instruction.
Buffalo Wings Recipe
These buffalo wings are really easy to pull off at home, thanks to the oven doing the baking. Tweak the heat level of the buffalo wings to your preference by adjusting the amount of cayenne pepper.
- 5 chicken wings about 400 grams (or use the mid joint/drumlette cut)
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper powder adjust for desired heat level
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder optional, but highly recommended
- 15 grams melted butter
- 2 tbsp Frank’s original red hot sauce
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Prepare the wings by cutting to 3 portions at the joint (drummette, mid joint and end tip). Freeze the end tips for making chicken stock. Pat dry with paper towels.
- In a plate, mix cayenne pepper, garlic powder, a pinch of salt and black pepper evenly. Lightly coat the chicken pieces in the marinade powder.
- Arrange chicken pieces on wire rack with foil-lined tray beneath. Bake at preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) for 40 minutes until chicken is cooked and crispy, turning once halfway. If using Philips air fryer, arrange chicken one layer on wire rack; bake at 180°C (356°F) for 15 minutes, turning once halfway.
- Mix melted butter, Frank’s hot sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl. Coat baked chicken in the sauce before serving.
- You can purchase Frank’s original red hot sauce in Cold Storage, Singapore.
- Buffalo wings are also typically accompanied by celery sticks with blue cheese dip, but I skip that since I don’t dare to eat blue cheese. If you like to make the blue cheese dressing, check out Never Enough Thyme‘s delicious-looking blue cheese dip recipe.