Baked Pasta with Fresh Mozzarella
Baked Pasta with Fresh Cheese Recipe
Since this is a recipe I made from kitchen scraps, feel free to substitute the kale & mushrooms with ingredients you have in the fridge.
If you are baking this pasta in the air fryer like I did, take care not to burn the pasta as the air fryer cooks things really quickly.
- 80g pasta (I am using whole wheat pasta)
- 15g torn kale leaves
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 20g chopped onion
- 75g cut mushrooms (any type)
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp dried herbs blend (such as Italian/all-purpose) seasoning
- 150ml pasta sauce
- 50g fresh mozzarella cheese torn to small pieces
- 2 cherry tomatoes sliced thinly
- 2 olives sliced thinly
- fresh basil
- small drizzle olive oil
- small sprinkle red chilli flakes
- a few drops tobacco sauce
- freshly cracked pink salt & black pepper
You also need:
- a fitting baking casserole (I am using a 16-cm air fryer silicon pan lined with air fryer papers)
- Cook pasta and kale. Boil water and 1/2 tbsp salt in a pot. Add pasta and boil for 3/4 of the recommending timing on its packaging. In the last 3 minutes, add the kale. Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water. Drain the pasta and kale in a colander.
- Make the pasta dish. Heat oil in a pan and cook onion until softened. Add mushrooms, dried herbs and garlic salt. When the mushrooms are soft, transfer the cooked pasta and kale to the pan. Add pasta sauce. Stir well and simmer for 1-2 minutes. If the pasta sauce is too dry, add pasta water as needed. Season to taste.
- Transfer cooked pasta to a baking casserole. Garnish with fresh cheese, cherry tomatoes and olives.
- Bake at 200°C (392°F) in an air fryer (no need to preheat) for 5 minutes or a preheated oven at the same temperature for 8-10 mins, until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with basil, olive oil, chilli flakes, pink salt and pepper.