Bak Kwa Fried Rice
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Bak Kwa Fried Rice Recipe
For best results when cooking fried rice, use cooked rice that has been refrigerated overnight. If you do not like the idea of overnight rice , you can also use freshly cooked rice which has been refrigerated for at least 2 hours in the fridge. Refrigerating the rice keeps the grains dry so that they won’t stick to each other during stir frying.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 4 shallots peeled and finely chopped
- 400 grams cooked rice (1 cup uncooked rice cooked in 1 cup of water) refrigerated overnight
- 3/4 cup frozen vegetables thawed
- 2 eggs beaten and seasoned with 1/4 tsp light soy sauce and white pepper powder
- 50 grams cooked frozen prawns (shrimps) thawed
- 80 grams bak kwa cut with scissors to small bite-sized squares
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onions
- 1/4 tsp salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- Heat oil in wok, stir fry shallots and garlic until shallots turn translucent.
- Add rice and thawed vegetables. Stir fry for a minute until well mixed.
- Pour egg evenly over rice. Stir fry on high heat until the egg is semi dry. Add shrimps and bak kwa; stir fry briefly until the egg is just cooked.
- Add spring onions and stir though to mix evenly. Season the fried rice with salt and white pepper.