Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
Check out the step-by-step wrapping pictures at the previous page.
- 250 grams thin asparagus spears
- 250 grams streaky bacon
- 50 grams enoki mushrooms ends trimmed & discarded
You also need:
- toothpicks (optional)
- vegetable peeler
- baking paper or aluminum foil
- Prep asparagus by trimming and discarding the lower ends of each spear. Using a vegetable peeler, shave and discard the outer skin of the stalk. Read this detailed tutorial for more information. Cut each prepped asparagus to 2 sections.
- Wrap each bacon slice with some asparagus and a small bit of enoki mushrooms. Roll it up into a tight cylinder. Optional: secure with bacon wrap with a toothpick.
- Brush vegetables with olive oil (prevent burning). Alternatively, you may use the oil rendered by the bacon halfway through baking.
- Arrange bacon wraps on a tray lined with baking paper or foil. Bake at preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) for 20 minutes or until bacon is crisp, turning once halfway. Remove toothpicks (if using) before serving.
Noob Cook Tip
Instead of baking, you can cook the bacon wraps on the stove top. You do not need to brush the vegetables with olive oil for the stove top method. Be sure to turn the bacon wraps around often with kitchen tongs, and cook until the bacon is crisp.