Avocado Shrimp Pasta
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Avocado Shrimp Pasta Recipe
As a time saver & short cut, you can use frozen (thaw before using) deshelled & deveined shrimps.
- 140 grams pasta (angel hair)
- 12 medium shrimps (tiger prawns) peeled, de-veined & patted dry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 grams unsalted butter
- sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
(A) Avocado Puree
- avocado flesh from 1 avocado pitted, skinned & cubed
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese optional
- small pinch of sea salt
- Make avocado sauce. In a blender or food processor, process (A) until smooth and creamy. Alternatively, mash avocado flesh using a fork until slightly chunky before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water with 1 tsp salt added until al dente (usually minus 30 seconds off recommended time in packaging instructions for angel hair). Drain pasta. Reserve half a cup of pasta cooking water.
- Cook the shrimps. Heat pan with olive oil and butter. Season shrimps with salt and black pepper, then arrange one layer on the pan. Allow one side to lightly sear before flipping over to the other side using kitchen tongs. When both sides of the shrimps are browned, turn off the heat.
- Serve the pasta. Add cooked pasta and avocado sauce to the pan of cooked shrimps. Toss to coat evenly, adding 1 or more tbsp pasta water to bind everything together. Season with salt and pepper.