Wasabi Soba Noodles
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Wasabi Soba Noodles Recipe
You can substitute wasabi paste with mustard (to taste), and soba with any long pasta noodles.
Check out more photos on the previous page.
- 1 bundle (about 80 grams) dried cha soba (green tea buckwheat noodles 茶そば)
- 1 tsp sea salt for cooking soba
- 1/2 cup shredded cucumber use a zig-zag peeler
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot use a zig-zag peeler
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds (black/white)
- 1 tsp chopped spring onions for garnish
(A) Wasabi Sauce
- Cook the soba. Add 1 tsp salt to a pot of water. Bring to boil, and then add soba. Cook according to timing indicated on packaging (minus about a minute for al dente). Set aside half cup of soba cooking water. Drain the noodles and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Make wasabi sauce. Combine wasabi sauce ingredients at (A) in a large mixing bowl. Whisk (or stir vigorously with a spatula) to combine into a smooth paste. Taste test the sauce. Add more wasabi (a small amount at a time) & vinegar (1/4 tsp at a time) to taste.
- Toss the noodles & serve. Add cooked soba to the wasabi sauce, followed by cucumber, carrot and sesame seeds. Toss to coat everything evenly, adding 1 or more tsp soba cooking water to bind the contents together if too dry. Transfer to serving plates and garnish with spring onions.