Teh C (Tea with Evaporated Milk)
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Teh C Recipe
For best results, use gula melaka instead of white sugar, full cream evaporated milk instead of filled evaporated milk. You can adjust the amount of tea leaves, evaporated milk and sugar used to suit your personal preference.
As a short cut to steps 1 & 2, you can also use 1-2 lipton tea bags, seeped for 3-5 minutes.
- 2 level tbsp black tea leaves (such as Lipton traditional or international blend)
- 350 ml hot boiling water
Each cup of Teh C:
- 1 level tbsp granuated ‘gula melaka’ (palm sugar)
- 1 tbsp full cream evaporated milk
- disposable tea filter pouches or
- traditional coffee cloth strainer
- Place tea leaves into a disposable tea pouch (you may want to double bag it as the tea ‘dust’ is very fine).
- Place tea pouch in a tea pot, add hot boiling water and let the tea infused for 5 minutes. Discard the tea pouch. If not using tea pouch, you can filter the tea twice through a coffee cloth strainer.
- In each serving cup, add gula melaka. Pour the brewed hot tea until 3/4 full and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Add 1 tbsp evaporated milk to the tea. Enjoy!