Sesame Wine Chicken
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Taiwanese Sesame Wine Chicken
This is a warming dish, and perfect for colder weather and rainy days. Women on confinement (the one-month period after giving birth) will love this dish with extra ginger, wine and sesame oil since they require lots of warming food after child birth.
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 35 grams ginger peeled and sliced thinly
- half chicken (about 450 grams) cut to small pieces (can also use drumlettes)
- 125 ml rice wine
- 75 ml water add more during simmering if needed
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce to taste
- 1/2 tbsp wolfberries soaked in water until ready to use
- Heat sesame oil in wok. Add ginger and stir-fry briefly until fragrant.
- Add chicken pieces and stir fry until they are cooked on the surface.
- Add rice wine, water and soy sauce. Cover with lid and simmer for 15 minutes. Top up with more water if required. Add wolfberries during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Serve with mee sua or steamed rice.